All together now, take a deep breath in, and slowly let it out...ahhhhhhh! I wrote my exam last night for my BA course and there was a slight sigh of relief as that was my third and final course in order to get a BA Certificate from UTCS. I will do a full sigh of relief when I get my final grade :)
I decided the other night that after my exam, I will be using April as my month. How you ask? Wellll...
I'm going to set a few goals for myself to complete by the end of April. They're not going to be huge goals, but goals nonetheless. I wanted to set some goals to complete because I felt like the past few months have been kind of blah in terms of completing something. Yes, I completed the course, but other than that, I don't feel like I've finished anything else. So here goes:
Goal #1: Start and Finish a Novel. There have been many times where I've started reading a novel, but I've either never finished it or it took me way too long to finish it. So this month, I will start reading one and finish it! I'm not sure which novel to read yet, but it will be one that Devika has read and has at home. To accomplish this goal, I will probably stop doing "useless" stuff like going on the computer in the evenings, because I clearly have lots of time to do that during the day :)
Goal #2: Run 3 Laps in the Morning. I'm on my fifth week of working out in the mornings and it's going great. I haven't missed a day of my 4-day a week plan, although I admit there were a few mornings that I didn't want to get up [and some mornings where I didn't do my full workout, but that doesn't matter ;)]. Anyways, I usually go on the treadmill as a warm up; I'd walk half a lap (according to the square looking LCD map on the machine), and then do a full run for one lap, nonstop. For those runners out there, one lap is nothing, but to me, it's something :) I'm not a runner, so I'm trying to slowly ease into it. So my goal is to run three continuous laps in the morning as a warm up.
Goal #3: Business Cards. As you all know, I'm the cool guy behind dlography. I've been wanting to get business cards made for the longest time, so since I'm doing these goals, I figured I put this one on the list. I saw a good deal online the other day for business cards, so I want to buy that, order AND receive them by the end of the month.
Goal #4: Go to Hot Yoga with Devika. Devika has been urging me to start going back to hot yoga with her, but since I don't like it, I don't go. I don't like it because frankly, I don't want to pay for it :D BUT, for the sake of my lovely wife, I will add this goal to my list. The goal is to go at least once, which is a fair goal because that's all she wanted from me.
Goal #5: Play More Basketball this Summer. Last year I played basketball just once. I used to play a lot when I was younger, and even in the recent years I'd play with friends at rec centres. This year, I want to play more, and with this goal, at least once in April.
Goal #6: Finish Strong on my 365 Project. As you also know, I started doing this 365 Project on May 1st, 2011. I have less than a month to go, and I'd like to finish strong with a quality picture for the rest of the month. Not that I haven't given it my all throughout the year, but there have been days (recently, too) that I'm standing there with my camera at home and it's 11:00pm, and I'm just looking for something to take a picture of. So for the last month, I will make an effort to be out there and take a thoughtful picture each day until the end of the project.
That's it for now. So all of the above goals will be started today and completed by April 30th. It's April 5th today, so I've already lost 4ish days, but I'm determined to complete these goals! I will post an update in May.
No comments:
Post a Comment