I usually leave later than Devika, so I'm the one to lock up before I leave for work. I do my usual quick checks to make sure everything's off and the refrigerator is closed (we've left with it not closed before), and I leave and lock the door. We live right by the stairs so I take the stairs. I go down one flight of stairs, and out of five days of the week, about three of them I have to go back and confirm the door's locked. I know it's locked, and I know I put in the key and locked it, but I need to go double check. Never has there been a time that it's been unlocked, and there's never a time I run out the door and just close it without locking it.
Just one of those things...
I am forever checking to make sure I have closed the car doors. randomly peaking out the front window to make sure the trunk and/or doors are left open. I do this all day long, even if I know I closed everything, and even if I know I have already checked on it.
ReplyDeleteI do this because I did leave the trunk open one day, when I was a new mom, completely sleep deprived, and coming down with a cold. My neighbour came over and told me it was open. I was so embarrassed. So now I check all the time!
Funny how our minds work, even when we know we did something, we still check again, just in case!