The year began by finalizing some major bookings for the wedding, which included the venue and photographer. As the months went by, we continued on with our schedule and kept by it.
March rolled around, and we thought, we deserve a vacation (it was actually decided around January because that's when we booked it)! We went on a cruise in March with two other couples. This was a first for us to go on a trip with other friends, as all the other trips we've gone on was just the two of us. We had an amazing time and do not regret going on it whatsoever, despite the wedding at the end of the year.
At the end of April, I finally took the plunge. I was looking around for jobs for a while, but after almost three and a half years, I left the job I worked at since I finished school and started at another company. More money + more experience = good idea.
The summer months were filled with wedding planning. We tried our hardest to do whatever we could do early on so we wouldn't have to do it later on. We enjoyed our summer at the same time, but we took advantage of the slower weekends and focused on the wedding (refer to our older posts).
September marked off my first business trip! There was a conference in a small city in Seattle, so I went with my boss to listen in. Flight, hotel, food, and all other expenses were paid by the company [otherwise I wouldn't have gone ;)]. This was my first time on a business related trip, and my first time travelling by myself. I left on a Monday and came back early Thursday morning. 10 hours later, Thursday afternoon, I was back at Pearson with "the guys" to go to Cuba for my bachelor party! Yada yada yada, we came back in the middle of the night on Sunday/Monday. In that single week, I was in five different airports (because of transfers)! Before that week, I was in a total of maybe three airports my whole life.
October! Obviously whoever reading this knows what happened in October. The entire month flew by quickly. The first couple of weeks leading up to the days were all about the finishing touches. That weekend flew by, and then four nights in Chicago (yet another airport). We had tons of fun the entire month, as well as the last week when we came back.
That about sums it up! It's now December and looking back at the year seemed like a lot of events for us. Between the things I already listed, there were other mini events here and there that were equally important. There were also many highs for Devika as well, but I'll let her decide which ones she wants to blog about, since this is supposed to be our blog :)
Christmas is around the corner, and we both have the week off of work between the 27th-31st. We hope to have some things to do during that week as well. We'll end off the year, and start up the new one at a friend's house!
Year 2011 is already a promising one! We're hoping to take some courses to better our careers...close friends of ours are getting married in the summer...and we're looking to go on vacation near the end of the year! Here we come!
- Dennis.
No comments:
Post a Comment